Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lukewarm

"I will give in my house and within my walls a monument and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that shall not be cut off." -Isaiah 56:5

Recently I have been thinking about how I live my life and who exactly I am living for. I've come to the conclusion that I am living for myself and not for Him. I've also concluded that I cannot live both lives. I cannot "live for Him" while doing what I please on my own time.

When it comes down to it, it's pure selfishness.

I feel sometimes that I cannot really worship like I would like to because I feel like a hypocrite. I am a hypocrite. I come to church on Sundays and live like the world on every other day of the week.

I feel as though I am living the "luke warm christian" life. Jesus does not mix words to help me manage my sins. He simply tells like it is. Revelation 3:16 says "So, because you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of My mouth!" I feel as though He is being very literal. I cannot begin to think about leaving a putrid taste in my Lord's mouth.

" 'There is no peace,' says my God, 'for the wicked.' " -Isaiah 57:21

I simply need to stop living for myself and more for Him.

No comments: