Friday, October 8, 2010

Somewhere in the Middle

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." -1 Corinthians 15:58

As an American, I feel as though I do not live for Him like I am suppose to. I constantly find myself somewhere in the middle. Between contented faith and always wanting more. I hate feeling that way but at the same time, I am satisfied with being the way I am. I only say "as an American" because believers whom reside in third world countries have to keep quiet about their faith and aren't permitted to speak of it or they will be persecuted.

Imagine...being persecuted for your faith. My mind cannot begin to wrap itself around the thought. To take life for granted, to live in a country where prayer is allowed in schools. Our country gives us freedom of speech; we can share the name of Jesus with whomever we'd like.

If in America, we have all of this freedom, then why are we not getting the word out there?! Why do we just sit back and wait for someone else to come along and share their faith? Why is it that people in Turkey or China can manage to reach lost people and tell them about my Jesus, when here in America we are easily influenced to doing the wrong thing?

Everyday I find myself wanting to know more about Christ. Wanting my relationship with my Lord to get stronger.

Today, I will reach out to one lost soul. What will you do for your God?

No comments: